Saturday, June 1, 2013

Changes, Changes Everywhere

I decided at the end of April that I wanted to start a teaching blog. I spent part of May working on the layout and deciding what I wanted to focus on. The problem is, I never quite was able to pick one simple focus. There's too much that goes on in a classroom - you can't quite box it in, even for a blog. So, the focus will be all things teaching - sort of a hodgepodge. In this decision to focus on whatever fits, I forgot to figure out the first post. I knew it would be on June 1st, but I didn't know what my topic would be. Then, suddenly, I found my topic!

 Afterschool yesterday (a half-day), I got an email from my principal requesting a meeting at 1:00pm. I spent a couple of hours wondering what the meeting might be about. I made a mental list of possibilities before heading to the meeting. The item of discussion was not one of the possibilities I had prepared myself for. I was told I will be moving from second grade (where I've spent the past 3 years) to first grade. While this is a surprising change, I'm looking for the positives and hoping for an awesome year. It's just another change in my constantly changing life.

So, I spent today packing my entire classroom up so that it can be moved to another classroom. I had awesome helpers, including my parents and close friends on the grade level. We got it done for the day even officially was over. Yes, we had our final workday on a Saturday this year. I am officially confused about what day of the week it is!


So, since I'll be moving from second grade to first grade, this blog will follow some of that transition. My summer posts will mostly be about second grade stuff, but I'm sure first grade will start slipping into there.

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." - Gail Sheehy

No comments:

Post a Comment