Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Crafty Oops

So, I bought these lovely new bins to hold the leveled books in my reading area. After getting them, I created letter labels to use on them. The labels were cute with black polka dots to match my room. Imagine my disappointment when the labels wouldn't stick to the curved handle on my baskets. Enter the problem - how to label my bins?

After much deliberation and searching through my craft stuff, I found these nifty scrabble-like wooden letters with a hole at the top. A solution to my problem was born! And I must say, I love the way my reading baskets turned out as a result. The end result was better than my original plan in my opinion!

You can see how I still used the black dot labels to help with keeping things in order:



An up close shot of the crafty solution!

Like I said, I love the way it turned out. I'll be posting more about my reading center and how I utilize leveled books in the classroom later this week!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment