Thursday, August 8, 2013

Word Wall

I've been busy all week putting together my classroom. I'll have an official reveal after it's fully put together next week. Meet the Teacher night is a week from today - you can bet the room will be perfect before then! (It's nearly there actually!)

Today, I'm going to show you something new I'm trying for this year. The idea came to me after a lot of browsing on Pinterest and I'm still not sure if I actually saw something like this or if I put several ideas together.

I'll start with the picture for those of us that are visual learners:


For this word wall, I created the letters using a cute font and circle patterns on the computer. Then, I took ribbon and used it to hang them on the wall. Mine takes up a good sized space in my room, but you could easily adjust the space that it takes by printing multiple letters to a page. As we learn new high frequency words, I will use a clothespin to attach them to the ribbon. This has been the first year that I've made a space for a Word Wall in my room. Normally, I use a portable version that stays in their writing folders. I'm excited to try out this display this year!

You can find the abc letters pictured above by clicking the link below. How's your room coming along? When do you start back to school?



No comments:

Post a Comment