Sunday, February 2, 2014

100th Day of School + Groundhog Day

It has been a crazy week. Monday was the 100th day of school and we spent most of the day doing math. Tuesday was a half day due to an incoming winter storm. I had 10 of my 16 students there! Wednesday and Thursday were cancelled due to the ice from the winter storm. Friday was a normal day. However, my lesson plans for Friday were pretty much thrown out the door because I couldn't exactly give tests and assessments when I hadn't taught the skills! So, Friday was focused on Groundhog Day fun.

The 100th Day of School
 
What can you make from 1-0-0?

Sorting food

Snack of 100 items
 
 
Groundhog Day Stories
 
I read them a fictional story about Groundhog Day (Double Trouble, Groundhog Day). Any fictional story could work.  Then, they wrote their own stories about a groundhog on Groundhog day. They came up with some fun names for their groundhogs! Their story had to include a character, setting, and plot. After writing their stories and rewriting them after a conference with me, I showed them how to make a groundhog. Then, I gave them the supplies and sent them to their table to make their own. They all turned out different because they had no template to follow!
 
My Impromptu Groundhog

Their stories are now proudly displayed in the hallway. 
 
 
 Winter Storm Fun
 
I finally got to wear my heavy duty winter scarf to work!

I took advantage of the half day and reorganized the top of my closet. Amazing what a few baskets from Dollar Tree can do for your organizational skills!

Lots of icicles formed on my porch. This is an unusual event for the south.

I love the way trees look with ice all over them. They seem to simply sparkle!

I had an impromptu photo shoot with my dog using the box from my new Thirty One products. I figured it would be a fun way to let people know I'm now a consultant.

I've had this ice scraper for about six or seven years. This was my first time using it. I felt the occasion warranted a photo.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment