Friday, February 21, 2014

3D Shapes - Exploration

We've been working with shapes and this week was the end of fractions and 3d shapes. My firsties really enjoyed playing with the 3d shapes.

For our second lesson, I gave each group a set of 3d shapes. They were then given 5 minutes to build anything they wanted while working together. (The teamwork was amazing.)  After that, I called out different shapes and they composed new ones using the shapes I called out.

It was amazing what they created! The thing I enjoyed even more was hearing them tell me about the shapes and their attributes afterwards. One little girl even looked at me and went "That was our math? Thank you!"



 
I love it when they are really excited about our lesson and don't realize they're learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment