Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shop, Shop, Shop

Since I can't get in to work on my classroom yet, I headed out today to do a little shopping. It started out as shoe shopping and quickly turned into school (bargain) shopping. I found quite a few good things today.

I found this pack of foam pirate ships and the ship wheel in the clearance aisle at A.C. Moore. Currently, our A.C. Moore has a clearance blowout going on that takes and additional 80% off of clearance items. The foam ships were $1 originally (making them 20cents now) and the wheel was $2 originally (making it 40cents). Add the 15% discount on top of that and I walked away a happy teacher!

Now I have a question to pose to you - what am I going to do with all of those ships? I bought three packs of 30 ships. I couldn't pass them up at 20 cents a pack. How should I use them in my classroom? Give me your ideas in the comments section!

I bought some organizing tools at Dollar Tree. I'll show you how I use these when I can get into my classroom. The goal of the classroom this year is organized and cute!

I found this puzzle at Dollar Tree as well. I'm going to turn it into wall décor for my words station. It's lightweight and should go well on the wall!

I also found these stamps at Dollar Tree. They are foam which means they'll work well for paint or ink. I was excited to find the ocean set!

I picked up a few craft supplies at Wal-Mart. The letters are actually for a home project, but the Washi tape is for sprucing something up in the classroom. I will be trying my hand at mod podge for the first time with the letters - wish me luck!
 
What about you? Any good finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment