Saturday, July 13, 2013

Working on Saturday?

It's Saturday and yet somehow, I found myself working for a few hours today. I guess that's what happens in the summer when you can't keep track of the days.

What kind of work did I do? I created my new newsletter template for next year!  I'm giving you a preview below. It will eventually be available on TPT, along with a few other nautical things I'm working on.


This brings me to the next part of my post. I'm super excited for the items I've been finding for my classroom. Last year, I had a multi-colored pirate themed classroom. This year, I've decided to continue with the pirate theme and take a different approach with the colors. They will primarily be red and black with a little navy and white thrown in. Anchors also seem to be taking a large role in the décor. I believe it's because I found the lovely items pictured below.


These lovely anchor cut-outs are also part of the reason my theme changed from plain red, white, and black. I decided to include some blues after seeing them in these anchors. I will share how I use these in the near future. Believe me, I've already got some plans for them!

To go with the anchors, I have come up with a fun anchor acronym that is going to be the focus of my classroom this year! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with this theme. Here it is:

All Meaningful Communication Helps Our Classroom

Up next on my to do list for school? More shopping! I was in Wal-Mart the other day and discovered they have school supplies out (no big shock) and an entire aisle devoted to teacher items! We're talking cute pails, décor, and even pocket charts. I was on a different mission when I discovered this (food for a party), so I'll be making a trip back tomorrow before all the other teachers snatch up the goodies!


Summer is keeping me busy, but I'm slowly realizing I need to get my body back on a schedule and my brain pumped for the school year because it's coming quick! I have less than a month until I'm back to work. Off to create a shopping list...

No comments:

Post a Comment